This week, please intercede with us forSara Améstegui Deik in Bolivia.
A landlocked country in the central western region of South America, Bolivia exhibits vast geographic variety and biodiversity, with Andean peaks to the west and the Amazon Basin to the east. The Incans and several independent tribes lived in the land before the Spanish conquests of the 16th century. Despite its abundant natural reserves of silver and other minerals, Bolivia is the second poorest country in South America. Among the 11.4 million people who inhabit Bolivia today, approximately 77% are Catholic, 16% Protestant, and 4% irreligious.
Sara is pursuing a PhD in Theology from Bristol Baptist College at the University of Aberdeen (UK). Her research on eschatology and apologetics will guide the Church in seeking biblical alternatives to Christian Zionist assumptions that exacerbate the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Prior to her studies, Sara served as a lecturer in Biblical Studies at Bethlehem Bible College in Palestine. After graduation, Sara and her husband Tony, whom ScholarLeaders also supports through LeaderStudies, will resume their teaching ministries in the Middle East. Currently, they are living and serving in Sara’s home country of Bolivia. Sara and Tony have a two-year-old daughter named Nour Sofia.
Sara shares the following message:
I have been busy with loads of work and babysitting my daughter. Schools closed down here in Bolivia, so my two-year-old is no longer in day care.
Join us in giving thanks to the Lord:
- For Sofia and the joy she brings to our lives. We are so grateful that she now sleeps from 7pm to 7am! This gives time for mom and dad to relax in the evenings!
- For good progress in our PhDs and continued ministry opportunities.
- For family support. My mom, aunt, and cousin have been wonderful to us! They take care of Sofia on a daily basis, which gives us the hours we need to study.
Pray with us:
- For strength and discipline to continue studying. Pray especially for Tony’s challenging online course.
- For our ministry and those we serve.
- For protection and health, especially for Sofia.
- For a more focused prayer life as we continue to dwell on God’s Word.
Thank you so much for your continued support in these challenging times.
Sara Améstegui Deik