The Ukrainian Evangelical Theological Seminary (UETS) began as a one-month pastoral training seminar in 1992, a year after the fall of the Soviet Union. Since then, it has become a respected interdenominational institution, called to train national leaders, serving 350 students from Eurasia, and working in partnership with Overseas Council and the European Evangelical Accrediting Association (EEAA).
UETS’ vision is to shape new leaders for transformative mission in the Church and in society. Its mission is to equip leaders who are already involved in ministry with biblical principles for:
- Character formation,
- Effective organizational leadership, and
- Building proper relationships with government structures and society.
Through a combination of residential and modular programs, UETS provides training in:
- Theology and Christian Ministry (certificates, diplomas, and bachelor’s degrees);
- Theology and Music Ministry (certificates and diplomas);
- Pastoral Care and Psychological Counseling (certificates);
- Master’s of Arts in Transformative Leadership; and
- Master’s of Theology in Pentecostal and Charismatic Issues.
The VSI team worked with UETS to identify four areas for focusing sustainability efforts:
1) Faculty development
2) Facilities expansion
3) State accreditation
4) Specialized academic programs to meet the needs of the emerging and growing Evangelical Church in Ukraine
Photo Credit: UETS